Re: WBZ Reception Is Worsening

I don't know if there's anything left of the WMEX site,
but that ought to be the site that WMEX/WITS used until
1510's move to 411 Waverley Oaks Rd in Waltham in 1981.
As for a WNAC site that predates the current WMKI
facilities in Milton, that would be a historic find
because, as I understand it, WNAC and WAAB were diplexed
from the same tower. Surely, that must have been one of
the earliest examples (if not _the_ earliest) of
diplexing on the AM band.

I'm surprised that nobody has noted that before WBZ
AM/TV ever mover to 1170 Soldiers' Field Rd, the site
had another radio use. It was the TX site of WCOP
(probably on 1120 then) before that station moved its TX
to 75 Concord Ave in Lexington, near the Belmont line.
Conceivably WBZ's auxiliary tower at 1170 Soldiers'
Field Rd was one of the WCOP towers. (I'm assuming that
when WCOP transmitted from 1170 Soldiers' Field Rd, it
used a long-wire antenna suspended from two short
towers.) Most likely, though, WCOP's towers were long
gone before WBZ moved to the site.

The reference to WBZ's move to Brighton in the
Batchelder quote is a red herring. Aside from the
current auxiliary TX at Soldiers' Field Rd, WBZ (AM)
never transitted from that location. WBZ's TX moved from
Millis to Hull.