Re: Satellite Radio

> Thirty-three cents a day for something to listen to in the car?  I'll
> gladly pay!  There is almost no music of any interest to me on the AM or
> FM band, and I have to wade through lots of drudge I don't like just to
> hear one or two good songs a week.  No thanks.  Where do I send my $10?

I agree 100%. The swill on AM and FM is unbearable. I spend a minimum of
two hours a day in the car and I know I'm not alone. $10 is what I spend
in coffee during the average 3 days alone. I'll gladly pay that for a
month of digital audio.

I need an escape. $10 is a price I'd pay. I know I've been down this road
on this list before. Paul, one thing you need to realize is that many
people on this list are corporate radio employees. Their livelihood depends
on the continued success of AM and FM radio. So there's much negativity
about satellite radio here.

> Now if WZBC Newton (Boston College) were receivable outside of I-495...

Amen. WZBC is one of my favorite stations. I'm an indie and experimental
music geek. I have trouble receiving them along 128 in the morning. Woe
is me.

Now returning you to your tightly formatted rotation of Sony Music
Entertainment artists,
Larry