Re: CBS & The Pops

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 11:46  PM, Dave Faneuf wrote:

> Yup, CBS/Viacom/Infinite  et al  found a way to  $%#&  it  up.
> Congratulations boys.

If you're referring to the complete change of tone after CBS joined the
affair, I couldn't agree more.  After the 1812 Overture we had to see
some female pop star sing "the new hit song" from Legally Blonde II?
Gag!  And it all seemed timed for the commercials.

I didn't mind the locals from WBZ bragging constantly about the fact
they were bringing it to us for the first time.  But once that host
from The Early Show came on, it disintegrated into a cheap variety show.

Are the fireworks always on so late?  CBS must have insisted the
twenty-one minutes of fireworks happened at the end of their hour to
maximize the audience.

Paul