Re: Boston TV firsts

>  I think
> the spectrum space for Channel 1 was reassigned to mobile communications,

Wasn't it first assigned to the new FM broadcast band, before that was
moved to 88-108 MC?

A number of TV sets were manufactured with a channel 1 on their dials.
I have one and have seen others.

> possibly at the same time that Channels 4 and 5 became separated by 4 MHz
> (well, OK, by 4 Mcps at the time).

You mean they really moved channels 2-4 down?  I'd never heard that;
I assumed the 4 MC gap was always there.

I guess these things all must've happened around WWII, when there was
no TV broadcasting to speak of.

Regards,
Andy