First to replace newsfilm with tape

Now here is my question -

Which Boston station was the first to replace newsfilm with newstape and who was it?

I want to say that it was the new Channel 5 (WCVB-TV) and that it happened right at the beginning, but I'm not going to swear on the timing.

Anyone else have the definitive answer?

BTW, I have been searching backyards on Chandler Road (Andover/Tewskbury line) for remnants of the WLAW tower site, but so far no concrete piers, etc.
Still looking though -  some of the people think I'm crazy when I ask if I can look in their backyard...but it isn't the first time I've been accused of being crazy - after all, I worked in radio for years..and that is qualification enough!

- -gary francis