Re: WMTW radio switching to all news

In a message dated 12/23/01 3:21:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kc1ih@mediaone.net writes:

<< If they are going to have real local news coverage 24/7, there will not be
 any cost savings there, all news is very expensive to produce, so I've been
 told.

 I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out much of the day was from CNN, with
 pre-recorded local inserts twice an hour. >>

They use AP, with local inserts.  It is not real local news coverage 24/7.
You can get more local news on WGAN or public radio.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine