RE: Question about legal IDs

<<On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:23:13 -0500, "Paul Hopfgarten" <hopfgapr@sprynet.com> said:

> 'minimum studio requrement' as COL is met? Can a broadcast studio actual be
> outside the listening range of a station?

Absolutely.  A station's ``main studio'' (which need not be its real
studio; viz., all-satellite stations with no local content) must be
located according to the following rule:

Either:

1) it must be located within the principal community contour of the
station,

or:

2) it must be located within the principal community contour of some
station licensed to the same community.

As a result of this rule, WLLH's main studio is permitted to be in
Charlestown.  (I don't know if it actually is, but it could be.)  This
also means that all of the New York City stations could theoretically
move their studios to New London, Connecticut, since two AMs (660 and
880) put a city-grade signal far out into Long Island Sound.

-GAWollman